What I find amazing is that with all support that breastfeeding gets, there is still a strange social stigma that follows it around. I have no issues nursing my baby wherever and whenever just like most people don't have a problem plopping down on a park bench to eat their lunch or having a snack during a public event. You know, I don't think I have ever walked into a bathroom to find an adult scarfing down her lunch. But yet, there are so many people out there that make no bones about their viewpoints that you, as a nursing mother are being somehow perverse or indecent by feeding your baby.
|Like this! Makes you wonder even more what she's got going on under there.|
|And here is two moms just hanging out and feeding their babies. Nothing to hide!|
- Breastfeeding makes you feel good, the hormones produced during nursing have an endorphin effect giving you a relaxed feeling.
- You have a great excuse to sit down and relax.....
- You can nurse while sleeping...nursing moms get more rest than formula feeding moms.
- Breastfeeding saves moms about 7 hours a week off their feet.
- No screaming baby in the middle of the night waiting on the formula to heat up.
- It's the only time you can ever lose weight without dieting or exercise!
- Breastfeeding is more convenient, when traveling, all you need is to take diapers, the milk is always available, sterile, and the right temperature.
- During times of disaster, you don't have to worry about finding formula.
- Breastfed babies smell great....spit ups don't stain, or smell, and poopie diapers are not offensive...(until solids are introduced)
- Breastfed babies know their moms and will never confuse them with a sitter.
- The strong bond developed with nursing is much more intense.
- There is no feeling to describe the child suckling at your breast and letting go to give you a big smile; and knowing that the growth of your baby came from what your body produced! Wow! What a feeling!
- The satisfaction of knowing you are giving your baby the best start in life!
- Breastmilk taste great! Sweet tasting! Variations in taste according to foods moms eats. Have you ever tasted formula? Ugh!
- Breastfeeding requires the use of only one arm....you can do other things while breastfeeding, (except cooking and driving)
- Children receive the most complete and optimal mix of nutrients & antibodies
- The varying composition of breastmilk keeps pace with the infant's individual growth and changing nutritional needsBreastfed infants develop higher IQ's, and have improved brain and nervous system development
- Breastmilk is free- reducing or eliminating the cost of formula (in the thousands of dollars/per year)
- Breastfed babies are sick less thus reducing healthcare costs to family in Doctor office visits, prescriptions, over the counter medicine purchases, and hospitalizationsMoms miss less time off from work due to child related illnesses
- Helps the uterus contract after birth to control postpartum bleeding
|Doesn't she look so relaxed?|